Vegas 6 Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members and Guest Information Center

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What to Expect from Killzone 2 DLC

Go down 

What Killzone 2 DLC do you want the most?
Co-op
What to Expect from Killzone 2 DLC I_vote_lcap33%What to Expect from Killzone 2 DLC I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Map Packs
What to Expect from Killzone 2 DLC I_vote_lcap33%What to Expect from Killzone 2 DLC I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Episodic Content
 33% [ 1 ]
Other (See Post)
What to Expect from Killzone 2 DLC I_vote_lcap0%What to Expect from Killzone 2 DLC I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
GAMERJET
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
GAMERJET

What to Expect from Killzone 2 DLC Empty
PostSubject: What to Expect from Killzone 2 DLC   What to Expect from Killzone 2 DLC EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:31 pm

I just found some interesting details on Killzone 2 DLC, while really nothing more than rumors at the monent, it just makes sense! Read on...

From: http://cgreviews.com/site/blogs/blog1.php/2009/03/16/what-to-expect-from-killzone-2-dlc

"What to Expect from Killzone 2 DLC

Killzone 2 is finally out, and it is hot. But already, people are asking about DLC. What will it be? When can we expect it. Well, I wanted to share my two cents. Some of this is based from whispers around GG studios, but the rest of it will probably come across as common sense. Without further adieu, here are three things to expect from Killzone 2 DLC.

1) Co-op
Duh, right? From my very first five minutes of playing Killzone 2, I knew exactly what it was missing: Co-op. And this is one of the most controversial statements you'll read about Killzone 2 because reviews across the web seem to site its absence from Killzone 2 as a flaw. Why is this? The answer is simple. Killzone 2 sports some uber-impressive AI. AI that is so intelligent you'd be crazy to NOT want to go at it with a friend. And this is why we'll see Killzone 2 DLC bring us Co-op.

2) Map Packs
Seems like another no brainer, doesn't it? But the catch here is not about the map packs themselves, but instead is about what the map packs will allow: Vehicles. That's right. Most of us know that GG had implemented vehicles into multiplayer early in development. Financially, and technologically, pulling them out was smart. It will allow them to tweak and balance the vehicles and graphics in the gameplay, while at the same time guaranteeing that people will want to buy the new packs--something other shooters have trouble trying to sell. Most shooters have online experiences that grow stale to most players by the time the first map pack is released. So, it only makes sense that providing a completely new twist and strategy to the gameplay will bring players back.

3) Episodic Content
A sequel? Not quite. Without posting any spoilers, those of us that played through Killzone 2 in its entirety know that the ending leaves us wanting to jump back into the fight. But this particular ending doesn't scream sequel. Instead, it whispers, "Okay. Take a breather. We'll get back to this shortly." And this plays perfectly with Number One in this list. GG will not go back through the entire game and make parts of it Co-op. That doesn't make sense. But it would make perfect sense to finish this fight with all new levels designed specifically with Co-op in mind. And this would be another decision that would guarantee high sales for the DLC.

So, what's the bottom line, here? What can we really, realistically expect from GG in the future? Well, it's all pretty much anybody's guess right now, but I think most people would agree that Co-op and Episodic Content are a natural progression for this franchise."

After reading this, I have to agree that this would be no brainer! I really would enjoy Co-op. It would be a blast playing the game with a buddy....Or even better, a separate campaign like Resistance 2 had would be cool.

What do you guys think? What kind of DLC would you like to see for Killzone 2?
Back to top Go down

What to Expect from Killzone 2 DLC
Page 1 of 1